Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Lavender days




a Renault we rented in Provence, to take us to the lavender fields






California lavender fields











I can't believe it's been a year when I first saw this lavender grower at the farmer's market in Santa Monica. They're back, I saw them last week and I realized it's been a year already. How time flies. It's been 3 years since when we visited the lavender fields in France. We arrived by train in a little town called Digne les Bains from Nice. We had to rent a car in order to get to the lavender fields. Sophie drove. I thought she did pretty well, fast enough till some French guy behind us was gesticulating with his hands for us to move over which we did. I remember hearing the cicadas, they squeak the whole time, non stop. All along the train tracks there were patches of lavender fields. It is a truly glorious sight and when the tractors harvests them, it emits a smell that fills the air and it smells like heaven. I would go back to see those lavender fields again. It brings back such incredible memories. At home my soap is lavender soap, my lotion is lavender lotion, every thing's coming up lavender....





No comments: