Thursday, October 23, 2008

Saorge 2

When I saw the village, I was in awe. I motioned to Sophie, 'hurry, it's up ahead'. I walked faster and faster, I couldn't wait to get to it. It is so pretty. Indeed this is France but we came up on Trenitalia. Later when we waited to catch Trenitalia to get back to Ventimiglia, there were other visitors who went on SNCF. There were a few groups of hikers from Europe. This part of the Piedmont area is very popular among hikers. Many of them were elderly women, I'd like to live there when I retire and go hiking all over that area. They took SNCF back to Nice and we got on Trenitalia back to Ventimiglia. It was a lot of fun. I wouldn't trade these kinds of experiences for a cruise or a beach in Hawaii.


A first glimpse of Saorge.... wow! How did they even think of living up here? I know there is a monastery up on top, they tend to be sited away from civilization.


It is so pretty.




















































































What can say as I write this after a hard day at work. These trips keep me sane and keep me going to work. I just received my credit card bill, it is not that bad, I paid most of the expenses with cash already, so it's just a few bills here and there and some shopping. I've been back 2 weeks and I've already done 3 weeks worth of work. For this trip I wanted to search out small and unknown places, quaint and sweet places. It looked like I succeeded. This and many more filled our trip.













No comments: