Sunday, October 19, 2008

Ventimiglia 2

We slept in, got up at 8am, that's sleeping in, considering we got up so early the past 4 days. We've been going, going and going. We had breakfast in our hotel and was on our way to the train station when we saw a huge flea market just steps from the hotel. Shopping.... we had to go check it out. It was an interesting looking market, they sold Italian leather goods, clothing, household things and all kinds of knick knacks. We spent a few hours here before finally proceeding to the train station.


The bridge that leads to Ventimiglia alta, the old part of Ventimiglia, that sits high on the hill, where the houses rise up and connected by narrow alleyways and steps.


Everyone seems to have a little dog that they carried with them.



Bonjour or do they say Bongiorno, I don't know, both French and Italian are spoken here.




I asked if I could take her picture, she said, 'Oui' and I did, she seems please, she feels like a celebrity, someone wants to take her picture.





Zara for 10 euros? It can't be real Zara.






Miniature tea sets.
















I gave him 2 euros, I forgot what song he played.




















Some very colorful bras.
I had originally planned to take the bus to San Remo and from there, take another bus, to Triora, up in the mountains. Triora is very similar to Dolceacqua. The night before, Sophie picked up an interesting map that had other quaint places on it. I looked at the map and decided I'll pick another place to go to..... Saorge.











No comments: