Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I'm back

This was a nice little hotel, close to the entrance to Petra. One needs to stay near the entrance. It's a long walk from the entrance to the 'siq' and the 'siq' is another long walk into the whole area. At the end of the days, the track back to the hotel is long and arduous. I've just arrived back from the airport after having travelled a whole 24 hours. We spent 5 days in Jordan. Our Cairo trip a few years ago was 5 days also. That's all the time I have and we managed to squeeze a lot in. It was cold and wet, raining almost every days. I wasn't dressed quite warm enough but I didn't care. The first hotel in Amman had no heat and no hot water. That was tough. The next hotel in Amman had both heat and reliable hot water and a lot more services and cheap too. Jordanians are a very warm and friendly people. We met a lot of tourists while there, even in this kind of weather. That was quite heartening to know.

No comments: