Sunday, June 12, 2016

Canterbury cathedral

It was a long way to get to church. Usually my go to church while in London is St Martin-in-the-field but today I took the train out of Kings Cross/St Pancras to Canterbury to attend church at Canterbury cathedral. It took an hour. I was in Canterbury many years ago, so I thought I'd return to reacquaint myself with the place. The service was very emotional for me, being raised as an Anglican. I attend an American equivalent in the USA, the Episcopal church. Singing the familiar hymns, saying the familiar prayers and following the familiar liturgy made it all worthwhile. Besides today was the day we pray for Queen Elizabeth on her 90th birthday and to celebrate it with family picnics. I sang 'I pledge to you my country' and 'God save the Queen.' It was a great day!

No comments: