Monday, June 06, 2016

The Caledonian sleeper

Its an old overnight train between London and Scotland. I flew back from Rome on Sunday morning but hung out at Heathrow till it was time to head to Euston station to board the Caledonian sleeper, my destination was Fort William. It is an incredibly long train which at some point in the journey breaks into three, each going in 3 separate directions. I booked a shared sleeper, you have state your sex so they'll put someone of the same sex in with you. No one joined me and I had the sleeping berth all to myself. It was rocky and creaky but I managed to sleep. The view in the morning after we woke up was incredible through some really wild Scottish countryside. I met some incredibly nice people, some very helpful ones. The Scots are really nice people.

No comments: