Saturday, March 11, 2006

more fun, with less

If I were to write a book on how to pinch pennies and make financial sacrifices, no one will probably buy the book. Everyone will probably winch and turn away and postpone making hard choices for another day. The fact of the matter is we can have fun and a lot of fun with next to nothing but the bright sunny day, the green grass, the pretty flowers, the birds chirping and even with the crows gawking overhead. I have spent many weekends pottering around my house enjoying my own company and not spend a cent. It's so much more fun because I would not have spent a dime, or fight traffic (use up a lot of gas) and bump into like minded people(dreaded). This is my life's work, to find ways of economizing and still have a ball. I'm a college graduate with a six figure salary. After paying taxes and fica, there isn't enough to pay for what I want to do more of, to travel a lot. So I've taken on the vocation of squeezing the penny till the president on the penny winch in pain, and still have fun and not feel deprived. I want to be able to afford my own home, drive a reasonably new car, entertain, give gifts and most of all, travel. This dream life is very similar to what a lot of you have on your minds and hearts. We want to do it all without getting into a deep financial hole. In other words have a lot of fun without getting into financial disaster. I want to be able to do it all now. I don't want to wait till I'm 65 to travel. I don't want to rent forever. When I have a house I want to be able to afford it- the payments, taxes, insurances, maintenance and improvements. I want to be able to entertain friends and family. Most of all I want to be able to pay off the house. I want to be able to do it all without any assistance from the credit card companies. We all know what the means when the credit card companies finances our lifestyle. I hav been blessed the credit card companies don't figure into any of my plans at all. It's a lot of hard work and involves a lot of creativity that I decided it is fun to share these secrets with everyone.

No comments: