Saturday, May 06, 2006

around town


What do I do for fun when I'm not at work or traveling? It's expensive to do anything. Gas prices are through the roof. So I must devise some fun that costs nothing. Surely living in Mar Vista with its proximity to such neighborhoods in West Los Angeles as Venice Beach, Marina del Rey and Santa Monica, there must be a lot of fun things to do and to see. I decided from now on I'm not going out without my camera. I went out today and started snapping pictures. It's a gorgeous spring day, breezy and cool and absolutely beautiful. It's why I pay so much to live in this neighborhood. Winter is mild and wonderful; summer temps never get too hot. The house across the street, 2 bedroom, 1 bath and a converted garage, like mine is being listed for M$1.15. I hope they sell it at this price. What is this thing about a housing bubble bursting? There is no available space in this neighborhood; its a stone throw to the Pacific Ocean. I was able to take some lovely pictures which I'll post in this blog over the next few weeks. These 2 happen to be in my yard. I took the bus to Santa Monica to shop at the farmer's market. At $1.25 a ride, its the best deal in town. I bought some strawberries and have been feasting on them dipped in Lite Cool Whip. Last week I bought some raspberries and ate them dipped in Lite Cool Whip. How great is that? I wish I could bottle the weather and sell it. Some days I walk to Venice Beach and hang out there. Mostly I hang out in Santa Monica. I just sent my car to be serviced at the Toyota dealership in
Marina del Rey. I love this neighborhood. It's the best thing I ever did, buy a house in this neighborhood. What do they say in Real Estate? Location, location, location!

No comments: