Thursday, May 11, 2006

british programs on pbs


One of my favorite British shows on PBS is Rosemary and Thyme. Last saturday's show was shot in Sicily and I missed where in Sicily it was shot. I think its Milazzo. I'm going to Sicily next year (07). The scenery in last weeks' show was so beautiful. I can't wait to be there. I went on their website http://www.rosemaryandthyme.tv to try to find where in Sicily it was but have no luck. Anyway it doesn't matter. I've just finished reading Daphne Phelps' book "A house in Sicily" about an English woman who inherited a house outside of Taormina, Sicily. It's an interesting account of the English expatriate community in Sicily after WWII. I'm reading everything I can about Sicily including its history both ancient and mideaval. I have my itinerary already planned out.

No comments: