Sunday, February 24, 2008

Math, math and more math

I was helping my older niece with her SAT and my sister in law is crying to me, her younger one is failing in math. My sister in law has been in to see her math teacher numerous times. The kid doesn't care. So this morning, Sunday, I went over, the kid was still sleeping, I dragged her out of bed and she fakes a temperature. I told her mother, drag her out, regardless, used a few scary examples of what happens to people who don't get through High School and college. She got up but said she didn't bring any books home. So I said, I'll be over next Sunday and be ready at 8am to study math. So all morning I've been visiting math sites online to brush up on my High School math.
There's an interesting site, Math.com, which is really good. I paid $15 to download a book which I didn't care for at all. I worked on a few things on Math.com. The book was from a different site. I'm not even their mother but this is what parents need to do. Don't just say, study, you've got to sit down with them and study. If you've forgotten, you can go online and review before you help your kid. Or you can read their books and review that way.
I'm on knees praying for them day and night too. It's a scary world out there.

No comments: