Friday, February 15, 2008

Musee d'Orsay






















I wasn't supposed to take these photos, I was reprimanded. I couldn't help it, I know I can them from a book but these are the originals. I love the Musee d'Orsay, my most favorite museum, it's small and cozy. I like the British museum also because it's free. The Musee d'Orsay wasn't free to get in. There was a long line after we returned from Versailles, this was our very last afternoon, the 3 week trip was finally at the end.... I'm sad now... when will I return to Paris or Sicily? This was my second trip to the Musee d"Orsay. I remember my first visit as if it were yesterday. It was also my first trip to Paris and was around Christmas time. I rushed over there, again on my last afternoon, I had wanted to see 'The Magpie' by Claude Monet. I searched the whole upper floor where the impressionist paintings were but couldn't find it, a check with the front desk took me to the ground floor. I cam, I saw, I was thrilled.
This trip made me love the museum even more, we had enough time to go through every impressionist painting they had and the thrill of being in the presence of art, art and more beautiful art is overwhelming.
There are certain places in France that inspired some of these painters. Sophie said we should visit every single one of these places. I'd love to do that, follow the trail of Matisse or Cezanne or Picasso, Monet and on and on.... We can spend the rest of lives doing that, I don't mind it at all.






No comments: