Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Paris





























It is a very special place, full of history, art and an attitude unlike anywhere else. The city is full of beautiful buildings and palaces. Oh, to live in Paris... lots of artists and writers and performers have done just that, live in Paris, even just for a little while. The city is full of 'ghosts'- famous 'ghosts', even if you don't bump into famous people, unbeknownst to you, you have bumped into famous 'ghosts'.
Paris is crowded all the time, even in the dead of winter. I remember my first trip was the few days before Christmas. I took the Eurostar train from London, I was spending Christmas in London with family that year. I was alone and scared. I managed to enjoy myself. Now, 5 trips later, it's become an old friend, like London.
The Rue Cler area where we stayed was just next to the Eiffel Tower, so we walked over to it, took some pictures, saw the huge crowds waiting to get to the top. Then we took the metro and headed over to the Notre Dame.We've seen it before and we didn't hang around for long. It was getting dark and we headed back to our hotel.







No comments: