Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Buda and St Mathias

Here is the tunnel that leads to the top of the castle quarter and this is one view of the chain bridge. The castle ramparts, whose modern invaders are tourists from all over the world. While we waited for St Mathias to reopen after it closed for a noontime service, we sat in the park under a huge pear tree. I reached up for one its lower branches to pick a fruit and to eat it. It was good, juicy and sweet.
Though not as impressive or as beautiful as St Vitus in Prague, it is still gorgeous. The whole area hints of money. It hints of its former glory as part of the great Austro-Hungarian empire. I'm just a busy traveler, not an economist and I'm not interested in any countries socio-economic situation or their politics. The socio-economic and political situation in the USA keeps me busy, tired and weary. I just want to see cute and pretty ancient and medieval sites.

No comments: