Saturday, January 09, 2010

Toselli's serenade

Here is a very very old song that my father sang to us when we were very little. At Christmas (last) we coaxed this song out of him at the dinner table, he is 85 now and still remember every word. I went on youtube and found this version, I thank whoever uploaded this for the song and the lyrics.

Like a golden dream in my heart ever smiling
lives the image fair of happy love I knew in days gone by
Still I seem to hear your laughter beguiling
Still to see the joy
The love light beaming from your radiant eye
Can my dreaming be in vain
Will my love ne'er come again? Ah come
Shall we waste the golden hours of youth far apart
What care I for life without you by my side
Do not delay, the hours slip away
Your arms are my paradise
You and only you can fill my heart
Oh, star of my heaven
Come back and shed your light upon my way
Come Back! Come back!

Enjoy

No comments: