Sunday, April 11, 2010

A lazy Sunday


This is where I live in Southern California. Here I go, all round the world, swooning over the natural beauty of the other places when right here where I live is this paradise. I'm just metres away from the Pacific Ocean. I woke up early this Sunday morning (who in their right mind would do that?) and took out my camera, drove around, got lost and took these amazing pictures. There is a small preserved area, though the developers won a small battle, put some luxury condos here on the Ballona Creek, a large area is left to be wild. This is the scene every Spring. The wildflowers grow so tall, it is like a forest. There is yellow everywhere and what a spectacle it is making. Next to it is Marina del rey where the boats are docked. While the real estate in most places has tanked, houses are still selling in my area. We are just waiting with baited breath for the other shoe to fall. This is an amazing part of Southern California, home to Hollywood and movie stars.

No comments: