Sunday, May 07, 2006

rosemaryandthyme.tv


I love British shows on PBS. A few weeks ago, I watched "Bleak House" by Charles Dickens. The newer series on their lineup is a show called "Rosemary and Thyme". It's about 2 ladies who works on gardens and solves murder mystery in the process. The location is usually some large estate in England with a large garden that needed work. Last night's show was different, they went to Sicily. The scenes were magnificent; I 'm trying to get a copy of the DVD if they have it. I'm planning to go to Sicily next year. I can't wait. I never knew it would be so beautiful. Right now I'm reading anything I can get my hands on about Sicily. Last year when I watched the movie, "The passion of the Christ". I thought the location was hauntingly beautiful. A little research and I was there in Matera, Italy in March this year. Matera is truly unusual and beautiful. I do recommend visiting Matera to see the Sassi caves and to stay at a Sassi hotel. It's not easy to get to Matera. I went from Rome to Bari and from Bari, a little train will take you to Matera. Bari has 4 train companies leaving at the same train station. Look it up on "Lets'go" or "Lonely Planet". If you stay a few days in Bari, you can take daytrips to Alberobello, Leece, Martina Franca or Locorotondo, all are very beautiful and interesting places. Head south, young people .... and older folks.

No comments: