Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Blogs of note




Blogger.com or Blogspot.com is the site I'm publishing under. They have something called 'blogs of note' meaning they feature exceptional looking blogs. I have yet to make that list but I have my own list. While I don't have a blog roll yet, I do view other people's blogs. Sometimes I find my own exceptional ones, not so much because their photographs is exceptional, it's easy these days with an expensive DSLR camera but more for their content, again, not because the writing is exceptional, more because of the subject matter. I read Sicilyscene very often, she writes from Modica, Sicily and I want to know what's going on in Sicily. I read a few others every now and then and I'm constantly looking for new ones.
I was flipping through a magazine called 'Artful Blogging' and found this cute blog called Carolinescrayons (http://carolinescrayons.blogspot.com). I've been interested in sketching for the past 3 years. While I do check out some art blogs every now and then and have found some really talented people, this one is different, she tells a story in her art and they are really amusing. I found myself chuckling the whole time I was viewing her blog. You should check it out. It is fun and you'll be inspired. I do read other blogs to get inspired. When you see people doing exceptional work, You'll be inspired to rave up your own game. I know that's what it does to me.
Maybe one day I will have a blog roll, that is a list of blogs that I read frequently. I don't know why I don't have one yet. I recently installed a 'feedjit' widget, that's what you are seeing on the right side, people who are checking out this blog and where they are viewing it from. When I saw that, I was so excited. It's been a lot of fun and still being a lot of fun.


No comments: