Friday, September 12, 2008

Next trip, again

Getting ready again to leave in a week. It's been a really hectic week, so much to do before I leave. The next week is going to be hectic, I must have logged at least 50 hours last week, it won't be much different next week. I can only tolerate it because I'll be taking a vacation. I'm making a lot of money though, that's always nice. I'm selecting books to take to read on the trip. I remember one trip which I took by myself, I had to read aloud in the evening just so I can hear English being spoken. I think it was in France, I had been away 1 week without talking to anyone in English.
My moleskine and my color pencils, I hope to be doing some sketching. I always write in the evening, it's easier to write each day. I hope I can buy some water colors while there, and of course take lots and lots of pictures.

My hotel reservations and guide books, I don't bring the guide books, they're too heavy but I need to write down the details on how to get to each hotel. We'll be staying at hostel Papa Germano again, my third time, I can find my way easily, it's a few blocks from Roma Termini. Oh yes, I have to make reservations with a company in Rome for one of their guided tours of the Vatican museum. I've seen it before but Sophie hasn't. It'll be nice to see it again especially with a guide.



I pack very light, just a small case and another bag, I hope to be doing some shopping. My photographic equipment will take up all the space. Besides my little point and shoot, a Sony Cybershot, I bought a new camera, my first DSLR.....


Money, my leftover currencies, my leftover English pounds and leftover euros, hard to imagine I have money leftover but I do. I always keep it for the next trip, I'm always going to Europe anyway.




My new camera, here am I unpacking it after it arrived in the mail. Wow, I love it, I've been learning how to use it. It's really easy and fun, I'm excited about taking it out on the road. It comes with a stock lens and I bought a zoom lens too.






So many pieces to it.....






It's a Nikon D60, kind of compact because I was worried about weight and size. I didn't want a bigger one, I'm already carrying too much, I love to travel as light as I possibly can. So I have 2 extra battery packs for 2 cameras, 2 chargers, my transformer set, I'll have 2 cameras hanging from my neck and the zoom lens for the Nikon. I hope I can manage it. This is going to be really interesting.







I'm excited. It's always fun to go to Europe. I'll be re-publishing some of the posts about our trip last October while I'm away. It's scary to think it's been a year. Time is really flying, so I gotta go, go and go. My last trip was in March this year when I took my 2 nieces to Italy. Don't wait, do it now.... read 'The last lecture'.








No comments: