Monday, January 14, 2013

Nepal

I am in Pokhara right at this moment. I arrived in Kathmandu on Saturday night and spent all of Sunday in Kathmandu visiting temples including the most holy Hindu temple of Pashapatinat. It was fascinating, saw a dead body being burnt and another being prepared to be burnt. I took the bus from Kathmandu this morning bound for Pokhara. I met lots of other travelers from all over the world, most are here to do some trekking and yoga. In winter, there is load shedding, they get only a few hours of electricity each day, most other times they have to generators. It's freezing because there's no heat in any of these places. I wear all my clothes to bed, the temperature is the same inside and outside. But I'm managing. It's hard to get hot water to take a shower and most of us do without one for days. Once you get over these expectations, the place is really charming. Well, I'll be doing some visiting of the Tibetan settlements here while most other visitors are para gliding, zip lining and trekking and of course at yoga classes. It's fun, very different from other trips. Then I return to Kathmandu for a few days before flying home. I'm glad I came.

No comments: