Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pashupatinath


 No sooner than have I walked up to the gate, I was guided to the ticket counter, 'buy ticket, buy ticket.' OK. Then this man approached me, 'guide?' 100 rupees. I said, why not, come along. A lot of the temples in the Kathmandu valley are made of wood or if they are bricks, they will have these beautifully intricate wooden windows. Nepalese people are known for their intense skill in carving wood. Some of the wooden temples are so gorgeous, the carvings are so intricate and lovely, it leaves one speechless. It was a huge place and hiring an unofficial guide was a good idea. There were leproused beggars everywhere. I didn't know that leprosy still exists, I thought it has been eradicated in the world. Obviously not.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: