Monday, June 24, 2013

Istanbul, with no reservations

 The square outside the Haghia Sophia teems with visitors from all over the world. I was surprised to see a lot of Vietnamese tourists. I met a lot of them in Jordan too. The world has changed. In previous years I use to see a lot of Japanese people but not lately.

 Across from the Hagia Sophia is the Blue mosque.
 We hadn't anticipated that we would have time for Istanbul this trip but we finished what we wanted to do in the South East leaving us a day and a half to spend in Istanbul and with the blessings from Turkish airlines who didn't charge us any penalty for changing our flight plan. This was my sister first trip to Turkey and I'm glad I was able to show her a part of Istanbul.

I've always liked to stay in the Sultanahmet area. This was a busy time for Istanbul. We had no reservations and after knocking on the doors of a lot of hotels, finally found 2 beds in a hostel just around the corner from this Four Seasons hotel. It workd out. We were happy.

No comments: