Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Shibuya crossing

This is among the most posted shots on the Internet, the crossing at Shibuya. You come out of the station at the Hachiko exit and this is what you will see. Its more dramatic at night when the neon lights of the surrounding stores are all lit up. The green crossing light change simultaneously and everyone crosses in all directions. I arrived here at night because my hotel for the first 3 nights was in Shibuya. Imagine, tired and bewildered as I was when I first arrived and to arrive to see this. It was quite exciting. I really love the Shibuya district, its not the most fancy but it is compact. All the major shops and restaurants are close together. The public transit system in Tokyo is vast and crazy but it was easier to get around than I had anticipated. I really like Tokyo.

No comments: