Thursday, May 08, 2008

New experiences

a mixture of salad greens, you never know what you're going to get with each bite, as I chewed it sends out a different taste and therefor a different sensation, wow, what was that, then again, wow, what was that.... It's an incredible salad mix, 'mesclun' they call it in French.
'Mulberries' they told me, a variety of mulberries, they look like silk worms, I couldn't really see if I actually chomped on worms. The taste is very different, intense and sweet.

Yesterday's breakfast, a slice of Almond pound cake, mulberries and a bowl of very strong coffee. This is the sweet life.


I was peeling purple carrots last week to put into a soup. It stained my hand this beautiful purple color. I could probably use the peel to stain fabric, that's an idea for another time.
They say, variety is the spice of life. Certainly these new food experiences spice up life, just looking at them gives so much pleasure, just when I thought I've seen and tasted everything, they came along. I'm not that jaded, I still get thrilled by little things like little salad greens, strange berries and purple carrots.



No comments: