Thursday, January 22, 2009

Chinese New Year

I found this picture in Getty Images http://gettyimages I thought it is so cute, it depicts 2 Chinese toddlers waiting, presumably with the parents, for the train. It is the time of the major yearly migration of Chinese around China. It is about the only time in the year when they go back to their villages. I remember the stampede of last year when so many trains were not running and the crowds just went wild after the few that were. I saw images of major accidents and bus crashes on the snow covered roads of China, images of dead Chinese strewn all over the road. The Chinese government said they are ready to handle this year's migration.
We do pay for poor government management. We, in the USA, may not see dead bodies strewn all the roadsides but the carcasses of our dead 401K's. I hope that no where in our future will we find Americans living next to and dependent upon trash dump sites.
The bible, in Psalms, does say, 'Blessed is the land whose God is the Lord'. I rest on this promise every day.

No comments: