Saturday, January 24, 2009

Spring time, already?

While the rest of the country is buried in snow, we, in Southern California, are enjoying summer like temperatures. I haven't cut back my roses yet and they are loving it. So do passer's by they stop and smelled the roses, that's what we're supposed to do. I love David Austen roses which are what these are. I love the thousands of petals on them and they smell so lovely. I can turn the heat off for a while and save a little money. I think I'll have my gardener cut back the roses today. Ooooh, I have a gardener, I could save $1200 a year if I terminated his service. I have on one side of the property a hedge that serve as a fence, it needs constant trimming and that's what I have the gardener for. Though I might be able to tackle it, all I need is an electric hedge trimmer that looks kind of like a chain saw. I've seen Valerie, my neighbor use one, she seems pretty comfortable with it, she could give me some pointers.... maybe not.... Oh well, the gardener gets to keep his job.





Do they know it's still winter.....I guess not.



No comments: