Thursday, June 04, 2009

Life is a chair of bowlies

......or a bowl of cherries. It's the time of cherries, 'le temps des cerises' as the French puts it. It is the time I conclude the postings on Cairo and look forward to the next adventure. I am grateful for this life as I read of the problems in the world..... loss of employment, poverty and unrest. My growing up years bears little difference to what people are experiencing right now. Years ago, after graduating from Pharmacy school, I was not employed for 9 months till I decided to start my own business without money or experience. We were poor but for the Grace of God, He provided, He sent missionaries into our midst to teach us about the Gospel and English. I have always contended that the Gospel and English can bring anyone out of poverty. The bible did say, 'blessed are those whose God is the Lord'.
I was invited to a memorial service for a friend, though I didn't attend, I remember this very gentle person whose life was taken at too young an age. It reminds me of the fragility of life. I am grateful for my life, what's it become, one of great adventure.

No comments: