Monday, November 01, 2010

Cappadocia, a preview





When are we going to get there? I'm asking the same question, I can't wait to show you 'my Cappadocia', the place that stole my heart. What are we looking at? For centuries the villagers have lived in caves in this area and they have carved into the tufa a lot of chapels, churches and monasteries, some are plain, others are lavishly frescoed. But we have a little of Istanbul to get through, then its onward to Ephesus which is is also interesting. Cappadocia is another world, it does have this otherworldliness about it. We spent 3 whole days with our German guide crawling, climbing and hiking through albeit only a small area of Cappadocia. What we saw took our breath away and stole our hearts. Stay reading, we'll get there and I will convince you. I'm currently working on a book about Cappadocia and am going through everything I can lay my hands on in the form of written material. I'm also planning a trip to Eastern Turkey and will write another book. Don't give up yet, the best is yet to come.

No comments: