Monday, November 29, 2010

Goreme sunset












The sequence is wrong but just use your imagination. After arriving late in the afternoon we went up to Sunset/Sunrise point in Goreme. It's just on top of a hill overlooking the village. We met a Canadian girl in the hostel in Selcuk who said it's a must to see the sunset and/or the sunrise. Well, it's really nothing to write home about. It's just fun to view the whole village from on top. I was driving home from work one evening, heading towards the Pacific Ocean, towards Santa Monica bay. Right in front, over the ocean the sun was this huge bright orange ball and surrounding it was a huge streak of orange light. It was massive and dramatic. I thought to myself, 'now that's one heck of a sunset!' We don't need to go to Goreme for their sunset or to the Bahamas or to Bali. I had a colleague who went to the Bahamas for his honeymoon, he was bored while there. My boss went to Bali for her honeymoon, she was bored too, she didn't come back with a tan. Goreme has other exciting things, not its sunset.
I was laying down on my couch watching TV last week as the sun was setting. I can watch from the couch and it was a beautiful sunset. Not bad. Not bad at all.
We've arranged to meet our guide at our hotel but he wasn't there when we arrived. I told the hotel people where we were going so that when our guide comes looking for us, he'd know where to find us. Indeed that was he found us as we watch the sunset together. More about him later.

No comments: