Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Burgos

 Pilgrims on the 'Camino Santiago de Compostela' passes through Burgos. Todays pilgrims have fancy backpacks, expensive shoes and other accoutrement.
 Years ago I read about a soup typical of Northern Spain. I tried it at a restaurant at of all places, a cafe in Hendaye, France, on the border of France and Spain. I liked it and all this time I have been hoping that I'll eat it again. When I found it on the menu at this cafe in Burgos, I had to have it. It was just like I remembered it, good. It's called 'Fabada Asturianas' a white bean soup from the Asturias region of Spain.
 Our main object in Burgos was to see the Cathedral and when we had the spires of the church in sight, we were really excited.



 To get into the plaza where the cathedral was, we had to pass through this immense gate.
We had only an afternnon in Burgos. We almost missed our train in Madrid after going to Atocha train station when we should be at Charmartin. Our taxi rushed us over to Charmartin and we got there in time. There are other churches in Burgos and we managed to see two others.

No comments: