Wednesday, April 12, 2006

not so cheap thrills


Here we are at the entrance of the Blue Grotto near the Isle of Capri, Italy. The row boats are collecting money. Then we were transferred to the row boats and taken into the grotto. It was thrilling but not cheap. I'm setting Microsoft Word to type out details of my trip and inserting this and many other photos. I think the photos are priceless. I've worker hard and saved hard to make trips like this possible. I'm now preparing for next year's trip to Sicily. It's been an incredible learning experience. Before I left on this trip I watched Rick Steves's program on Cinque Terre and then in less than a week's time I was there. I saw pictures of Matera and I was breathless when I actually stepped into the Sassi village. Years ago I watched Globetrekkers's program on PBS when one of their travelers went to Southern Italy and to Alberobello to see the trulli village. Little did I think then I would one day be at the same place. It's almost surreal. Five years ago, some friends and I decided we'll all go together to Provence. When the day came, one by one cancelled. I found myself going alone. Since then I've not stopped. This was my 10th trip in 6 years. Cin! Cin! Here's to life.

No comments: