Sunday, February 01, 2009

Ideas from other blogs

http://dreamacresdiary.typepad.com/dream_country_chat/2009/01/simply-red.html
you like the fabric. I printed it myself. Here's how

I used pages from a french novel and tore a hole in the middle of the
page. Mounted it on to plain white paper.
I used a natural plain off white cotton and cut out a piece A4 in size
(same size as the usual printer photocopy paper we use here). I cut out
the same size of Freezer Paper and ironed the freezer paper on to the
back of the cotton fabric.
Then feed the fabric that is 'glued' to freezer paper into your printer
just like normal paper.
Photocopy your image (french page with hole in it) at the 'black' ink
setting on the printer.
When it comes out of the printer just peel off the freezer paper on the
back and iron the fabric on the printed side. I use a damp cloth on top
of the fabric. This will seal the ink into the fabric.

Et voila! printed fabric.

I then stamped on the rose picture in stayzon red ink.

I am so pleased with how it has turned out. Have spent ages working on
this new range trying to get it right.

Hope all well with you.
Karon x

--
Karon H Grieve
Dream Acres Home Scentsations
www.dreamacres.co.uk
Email me to join our Secret Garden newsletter

Check out the link above for Dreamacres. I was impressed about a technique she had on her blog so I left a comment asking how she did it. She emailed back with the instructions and I have it here.

No comments: