Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The joy of being home

What's this? My soap dish with lots of little leftover soap bits. I have to force myself to throw them out. This is how frugal I am. There just doesn't seem to be enough time anymore. I love being at home but as the day draws to an end I am sad, then I would be back at work. I'm at work from 7 in the morning to 7 in the evening and even in the 12 hours there doesn't seem to be enough time, there's so much to do. I guess we just have to make do with our 24 hour day, whether we are at home or at work. Today is a day off from work, I did some writing, I made pancakes, I chatted with my neighbor, I ordered office supplies from Staples, my gardener is here, and the Verizon technician is here installing some new gadget for me to make my Internet faster. Faster, faster, more, more, that's the modern theme, so we can achieve even more in our 24 hour day. And we do, achieve more, are more productive. Will there be an end to this madness? Maybe not, so we better enjoy work when we are at work, enjoy home when we are at home.
I saw a picture in a book of a glass vase and the stalks of flowers in it, it didn't show the flowers, I thought, what a clever idea. I decided to take a picture of my glass vase. I am a shameless imitator. That's what I like to do at home, pretend I'm a hot shot photographer and pretend to have photo shoots.

This is another of my 'brilliant' photo shoots. Oh well, I may as well enjoy being home. A 24 hour day would have to suffice, whether I am home or at work.


No comments: