Saturday, February 21, 2009

Packing - light or heavy

I'm a traveling Pharmacy, I have everything I need for immediate help if I needed it without going to a doctor. I hope we don't need to go a doctor. I hope I don't need the anti diarrhea medicines but I've heard almost everyone needs it in Egypt. I've read lots of advice and I'm sticking to it- drink only bottled water, don't eat any salads or fruit that you can't peel yourself..... I've only once got into a little trouble with stomach problems and that was in Trapani. It was because I ate too much of their great yogurt at breakfast. I indulged a little too much but it was so good, it was hard to resist.
I have to buy a new backpack/camera bag. It was a good thing I started to sort out my equipment because I couldn't find the cable for the battery pack charger. Over the years I've accumulated a few cameras and all their cables and paraphernalia are all mixed together. It was a good thing I could separate the Sony stuff from the Nikon stuff. I should be more organised, maybe the Sony that I don't use anymore could go to one of my nieces.

My old suitcase and my trusty old boots, another tote for any shopping I might do, colored pencils, moleskin notebook....


I'm going to look like Indiana Jones, everything is khaki. One thing I'm not bringing, an umbrella, it doesn't rain in Cairo. I went to the bank and got some cash and I'm ready.



No comments: