Sunday, February 15, 2009

Next trip will be so different

Next trip will be to North Africa, Cairo to be exact. I'm looking at old photographs and feeling deep nostalgia already. There will be no European language but Arabic, which I have no clue about. There will be no lush countryside unless I go to an oasis which I'm hoping to. There will be sand, sand and more sand. There will be camels and a ride on a felucca on the Nile. It'll be so different. I don't know if I'm excited. But it's time I get out of my comfort zone, go somewhere so different that it'll shock my senses. No Roma Termini this trip, see you soon, Rome.
The accommodations wouldn't be much different since I travel so cheaply. This was the hostel room in Nice.

We'll set aside time to write our journal and record the happenings of the trip over some mint tea, what do they drink in Cairo?


It'll just be Cairo so there won't be any trains. I just need to collect information on how to get around so my next trip there will be more extensive. I'll go to the rest of Egypt the next time.



The architecture will be different too.




The food will be different, no pasta, fromage blanc and whatever else I like to eat in Europe. It'll be a different culinary experience.





I'm going to miss these cute vignettes of country life.






Of Alpine atmosphere.







Colorful churches. I'm definitely going to the Coptic centre of town.








I'm sure I'll find cute and unusual vignettes to interest me.
I'm ready to go.









No comments: