Saturday, August 22, 2009

Inside Lijiang

It is a pretty big city, though some has suspected that they added on to the ancient city which means parts of it is actually new. One can trust the Chinese to cheat. Nevertheless it is still beautiful and quite like an amusement park, a Disneyland of sorts. One can wander around aimlessly, coming to areas one has been before and still finding new corners not been to at all. The Chinese tourists love it.





There are tea shops everywhere. I bought a round of 'Puer' tea and it is still sitting on my kitchen counter, untouched, only the ants are more curious about it. I don't know when I'm going to drink some 'Puer' cha. I only drink 'Tetley' tea, red tea the Chinese call it. 'Puer' cha is black tea.



It is pretty and quaint even with its carnival atmosphere.










What's this? Yak jerky! These shops are everywhere too. I couldn't bring myself to try some.


































































































Besides visiting 'ku cheng' or ancient city, there's lots of other things to do in Lijiang. It is well worth a visit.















1 comment:

Merisi said...

Such beautiful memories of a very interesting trip - I enjoyed several of your posts at once and immensely, thank you! :-)