Monday, June 20, 2011

Trains


This is the fun train that runs between Nice and the French/Italian border. The train service in Greece is not as extensive and we took the long distance buses. This coming trip to Turkey will find us using the buses for the same reason. But elsewhere in Europe there is a more extensive rail network and taking the rails works wonderfully. I plan to be in places where they have a bigger rail hub and then take smaller regional trains or buses to reach the smaller villages. So far it has worked really well though I remember a trip to Conques, France when neither was possible. Here I resorted to hiring a private car and driver. It was a little pricey but well worth the cost. Where I can save money I will, where I can't.... I can't.
I would like to take this train again because there are still more little places that I didn't get to. So many places, so little time.

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I love little trains! Do keep us posted on your forthcoming trip.