Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Christiania, Copenhagen, Denmark





Christiania was originally an army depot which was abandoned. A bunch of hippies moved in and started a community here. Marijuana is freely sold and consumed here but I wasn't allowed to take any pictures of that area without someone running after me to delete the picture. But I can take pictures of their homes which was what I did. I went deep into Christiana and took a lot of pictures. They're so beautiful. These are only some of them but I'll post some more when I go home in 3 months time. Copenhagen is a little confusing but with a little help from a local it gets much better. This is my first day and I think I am getting the hang of it. Traveling and especially to a place I've never been always pushes me to do things I'm not comfortable doing. This is a mixed dorm but I'm already used to it since I stayed in a mixed dorm in York, England. Welcome to the brave new world.

No comments: