Sunday, June 21, 2015

Rosendal's garden, Djusgarden, Stockholm

 I was on my way to Rosendal's garden even though I knew it was closed today because of mid sommar weekend. Anyway the weather was so incredible after 3 days of rain. The walk there was so beautiful, through beautiful parks, woodland, wild grassy meadows. The sea is never far, always round the bend and up ahead. I passed this father and son having a picnic and I asked if I could take his picture, he said, OK and I did. Isn't this life idyllic?
 In the US if we have this on our lawn we would dig them up, they're usually dandelions. But here they are so delightful. And we don't have lawns anymore in California because of the drought and this is so wonderful to see after the dry dirt in Southern California.
 Rosendal's garden is closed this weekend, pity!
 I walked all around taking whatever pictures I could. This was a patch of wild grass with pink and blue cornflowers and some red poppies.
 The peonies are only just now coming into season.
 The orchard, I presume.
 There were a few other diehard fans. Here they are taking pictures of the 'wild' patch.
It was still a beautiful visit, more like a non visit. But I will return. Tomorrow I take the ferry to spend a few days on Gotland, an island in the Baltic sea. I am looking forward to that.

No comments: