Monday, June 22, 2015

Visby, Gotland









Visby on the island of Gotland, off the coast of Sweden and in the Baltic sea is incredibly pretty. I took the ferry from Nynashamn. There is usually a commuter train from Stockholm to Nynashamn where the ferry is. But for some reason the train stopped at Vasterhaninge and a whole bunch of us had to be transferred onto a bus for Nynashamn where we caught the ferry. The bus was so packed with people and luggage but we managed. It was a very comfortable ferry. The Scandinavians really know to do their ferries. I've only arrived a few hours ago, had dinner, showered and now trying to wind down my day. I'll be here for 2 days then I take the ferry back, spend a night in Stockholm and its off to the lake district of Sweden I go. I hope I have a more relaxing time here in Visby.

No comments: