Monday, June 01, 2015

On the road again

I'm writing another book about journeys to Turkey. I've made 3 trips here but will be  there again maybe next year. But I have enough to write about where I went those 3 trips to Turkey. Its been so incredible to dig into the archives and relive those trips. During this trip I took my 2 nephews and here we were in Ezurum. Ezurum? Where? Its in Eastern Turkey. I am reliving the day when we took the taxi to outside of Ezurum, to the Coruh valley to look for 2 ancient Georgian churches, Haho and Oshvank. This is Haho, completely buried in a forest of mulberry trees. It was closed, so we weren't able to see the interior. The Coruh valley is the most pleasant place in the summer, we were here in July.
In a few days I'm going to leave on an epic journey, 3-4 months in Finland and Scandinavia. I'm going to try to continue posting whenever I can.

No comments: