Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Books I'm reading at the moment

I've been rather depressed lately. Maybe I watched too much PeterSchiff's videos on Youtube. These are depressing and uncertain times, whether Peter Schiff is right or not. So I needed to read some inspiring books; to read stories of go getter's who has lived or is living inspired or inspiring lives. While Lonely Planet is not my favorite guide book, I used mostly Let's Go, the Tony and Maureen Wheeler story is very inspiring. They have recently sold Lonely Planet to a British company. It is a story of an unconventional life and extreme hard work. The new parent company of Lonely Planet has put out a magazine which I have purchased and liked.


Life is hard, said M Scott Peck in 'The road less travelled'. It was hard for Josephine Baker even though she found fame and fortune in France. We live in a better age now because we can be much more informed on how to handle our finances, we should be, we owe it to ourselves. I've read somewhere that we can make our lives into an example or a warning. I don't know if the Josephine Baker's life story is a warning or an example, maybe both.



I didn't get much from this book. I've never read her and don't know much about her and still don't.




I bought this at a flea market for $2, it's Ok. The moral of the story is, 'just do it'. I needed to connect with people who has done it. Whatever happens, life has a way of turning out alright.


This brings me to another story, 'The ladies of Grey Gardens'. Talk about living an authentic life and a life of originality, truth is stranger than fiction.

V



No comments: