Tuesday, April 07, 2009

The Sphinx

We were advised to see the pyramids first before going to the Egyptian museum. When you see the treasures in the museum, you would know where they came from. Our only regret is we haven't been to Luxor yet. They have another museum in Luxor and soon I'll be there. The Sphinx looked unreal, like it was recently constructed. I guess it's because they are restoring it. It is a marvelous piece of work, truly amazing. Words escape me, one needs to be there, my regret is that I put off visiting Egypt till now. I must make my next trip to Luxor soon.
We saw lots of Egyptian school children, they seemed happy to see us, they giggled and smiled, took our pictures as we also took pictures of them. Some said, 'welcome to Egypt'. I'm sure its kind of an oddity to see 2 'Japanese' women (we're always mistaken for Japanese) not with a tour bus.
































































We came from one end, saw all three pyramids and now the Sphinx and we are heading back to the stables. We are now leaving the pyramid field at Giza and will be going to Saqqara which is South of here. Does this make you wish you'll be heading there soon? Now that I have time to reprocess the trip, I'm in greater awe. It is truly amazing, as amazing as the 'Amazing race'. I'm rushing around the world, on my own, doing my own 'Amazing race'.











No comments: