Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dinner

There's nothing more satisfying, after a hard week at work, than to be home and to enjoy a home cooked meal. Well, I don't eat out, so really all my meals are home cooked, though most are leftovers. It is really nice when I cook something and eat it for the first time, rather than have it sit in the fridge and eat it the second or third time around. I had mussels for dinner the other evening. These are farmed mussels, from farms in Carlsbad, California. No matter, they were still good and delicious. I haven't had mussels in a long time, since my 2 trips to Sicily in 2007. The time before that was 3 years ago in Amsterdam. They serve them in restaurants, you order a kettle of mussels, they serve them with fries, in French, it is called, 'moules and frites'. It's kind of a fun thing to do. I bought a 2 lb bag of mussels, made up a salad and since I only had a loaf of challah bread, I used that and presto magico, dinner was ready.


These were nice and plump mussels, the farm has a stand at the Santa Monica farmers' market. They also sell oysters and fish. It is so incredible, everything is within reach.


All gone, just the shells to throw away.



I'm still working through my salad.




No comments: