Thursday, August 28, 2008

The hybrid life

This is me in my new Keen shoes. I went shopping to get ready for my upcoming trip. I needed a new pair of shoes to go gallivanting in. I read an ad in Outside magazine about Keen shoes and how people wearing Keen shoes are living the hybrid life, working and playing in their Keen shoes. It also invites people to submit stories about their hybrid lives and what they do in their Keen's. So I decided to take up the challenge and see what I can do in my Keen shoes. First order of business, I wore them antiquing this morning. I bought a basket from this guy and then asked him to take a photograph of me. Next I'm going to wear them to work, I don't know yet if it'll work, I do need a lot of support, so the verdict is still out on that. If it works I'll buy some more Keen shoes. Of course I'll be traveling with them on September 14, that when I leave for 2 weeks, starting in Rome and ending in London. My aunts and cousins are already excited about seeing me again in London. We hope to have a gigantic reunion.
These are from Ghana and costs $20 each. I bought one and went to the farmers' market with it.

A vendor's truck spilling over with goodies. I love antiquing.


This is one of my favorite at the Santa Monica monthly flea market near the Santa Monica airport. The people sells vintage European feed sacks and night gowns made from butcher linen. I have spent a fair bit of money here every month.



Aren't they gorgeous? It's one of the highlight at this flea market.




Another vendor that I buy from, looks like they need to go to Europe to replenish their stock. They're running out of cute things. I didn't buy anything from them this morning.





They still have a lot of cute things, they go frequently to Europe on buying trips. I bought 2 pillows from them this morning.






This morning's loot.







No comments: