Monday, August 04, 2008

Life is a bowl of berries


Was I greedy, I poured 3 punnets of berries together, mixed with loads of whipped cream and ate them in one sitting. Was it ever good. Fraises des bois (alpine strawberries), blackberries and blueberries....mmmmm! It is so hard to resist, the market is just full of everything. I watched images of people elsewhere where those poor people has to eat roots and even that they couldn't find enough. One cannot have survival guilt and condemn ourselves, this is a great country and made great by lots of hard work people. We should rather, work harder so we can share with those in need.
Surprisingly I don't feel guilty, I didn't always come from having plenty. I came from having nothing and all things are possible.
I'm finishing the details on my upcoming trip to Europe. The ticket's been purchased at an exorbitant price. I've gotten over the sticker shock. I have secured all the hotels except for Barcelona which I'm working on right now. Next I have to check train times again and write to Aunt Mary in London with whom we'll be staying. Her place has become a B&B for all of us. I have to tell her to get everyone together in London so we can see each other. Place Italy, France, Spain and England in a bowl, pour a generous amount of whipped cream and chow down. I'm greedy for life and life's experiences.

No comments: