Sunday, December 21, 2008

Cath Kidston, London

If you find yourself in London, go visit a Cath Kidston store. It's so pretty. We found one near Madame Tussuad's on Marylebone High Street. We went wild, I kept my camera opened and started clicking away. The flash went off once in a while and at the last one the shop girl saw it and started making the biggest fuss. I was not supposed to take pictures inside the store. Of course I knew that, she said to me, 'erase it!' I said, yes but didn't do it. I took a lot of pictures before I was discovered, crazy American, moi! That is why I travel, we don't see such gorgeous stores in the US, everything is one big chain selling the same merchandise. It's no wonder the stores are closing. American retailers do lack imagination. I haven't shopped in a million years. I snore every time I go shopping. Who are the buyers for these US store chains, High school kids from US schools with a failing grade, lacking imagination and they staff our retailing stores and our businesses? We had a great time in there, we did purchase a few things, even at those prices. I bought a scarf for 34 pounds and Sophie bought a few other things. The shop girl calmed down after we made our purchases. We didn't go in and just took free pictures. I find they like it when you buy something, anything, don't just freeload. Money is the best grease.























































































































No comments: