Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

It was a great Christmas. While the whole country is under snow, we are still enjoying the sun, but it is still cold in the mornings. This was taken in the back yard a week ago, the succulents are doing well. Yesterday my sister and I went into the English store in Santa Monica looking for mince pies, they're sold out. We came home and I happened to have some old jars of mincemeat, I whipped up some pastry and made some mince pies. Everybody loved it, growing up in a former British colony, our tradition is very much English, it's fruit cake and mince pies at Christmas. I haven't made mince pies in some 10 years, the last time I ate some was 8 years ago in London, one of my aunts made some.
For the New year, I think we'll have roast beef, Yorkshire pudding and English Trifle, this will be a great way to end another wonderful year. I'm looking forward to new adventures in the New Year.

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

A very happy new year to you. I'm glad you had some minbce pies!