Monday, March 07, 2011

Oxford, England








 The bridge of sighs, in Oxford, not Venice, Italy.



These pictures reminded me of how beautiful Oxford is. It is a magnificently beautiful city, so stately. We were here in 2009. On our public television stations we watched a lot of English productions and it always remind me of the places I've been in England. It's as if England is the motherland. Indeed it was the motherland of the USA before our war of independence. It's hard to imagine that we did fight wars on our soil but that was hundreds of years ago. We fought the English, we fought each other (the North and the South). Even though I'm of Chinese heritage, I don't feel that China is my motherland. We were born and raised outside of China, being what the mainland Chinese would call us, 'overseas Chinese.' We were under the British while we were growing up and England feels more like the motherland. There will always be an affinity between us and England.

No comments: