Wednesday, August 04, 2010

A market

The most fun part of being in France, any part of France, one is bound to bump into a market. As I was walking back up to the village, I happened upon this market in full swing. A market, what fun, I thought to myself. The proverbial paella dish of course, the breads, the cheeses and everything else. I remember my first market in France 12 years ago. It was in Aix en provence and I fell in love with France. It's been my most favorite country ever since and still is. The impression of that first French market is indelibly etched into my psyche and I've never been able to shake even though I've seen markets with more character all over the world. I remember what I bought that first market in Aix en provence, a chunk of rustic farmer's bread and a chunk of home made sausage. I sat on the edge of the side walk and ate. That was 12 years ago, I was naive and impressionable and totally new to this kind of travel. I haven't stopped being that person, still excited about a French farmers' market.

No comments: