Friday, September 09, 2011

at 20 TL per person






I'm always amused when I read travel magazines that say, 'Madrid hotel, a bargain at US$175 a night. 20 TL is about US$14. I have friends who come home to tell me their Rome hotel room costs them $450 a night. My budget is US$50 a night. Here on this trip I paid for the 3 of us, we traveled to so many places in Eastern Turkey and ate well and the sleeping part at 20TL per person did not hurt us. We were safe and comfortable. In fact in Yusufeli our room was right next to the river and the roar of the water was constant. The owner was so laid back and friendly. It was cheap in Kars as well at 110TL per night for the three of us. In fact in Kars we got lost a few times and the locals pointed us to our hotel before we even asked. They knew who we were and where we were staying. They have seen us wandering around town for 3 days, the only Asians in town.

No comments: